At first glance it might seem that I am just a happy, normal girl who loves to bake and walk her dog. However, I have suffered with an eating disorder since I was 13. It was only in May 2014 when I realised that this Voice in my head was slowly but surely trying to kill me. And so began the long, hard, and painful journey which is recovery...

I want My Cocoa Stained Apron to be a special place...a place for reflection, memories, shared stories...and of course a little bit of cocoa-staining ;) Recovery might be the hardest thing you ever choose to do in this life. But it is also the bravest and best decision you will ever make.:)

Friday 27 March 2015

Little Rays of Sunshine.... :)

And now time for some more positivity... <3 :)

I think everyone of us has experienced, at some point in their lives, hard or challenging times. And many of us, myself included, often get caught in the thinking trap, of solely focusing on the negative aspects of our existence. I do this...a good eighty percent of the time, I would say. And it really DOES frustrate me, and it's something that I am determined to try and work on in my recovery.

For I am sure you have already seen this little equation before... healthy mind = healthy body. :)

But how DO we become more positive, and develop a more healthy attitude towards ourselves and our bodies, and improve our view of life and the world in general? It's a question I myself am currently endevaouring to find an answer to. and be assured that when I do sort of work things out in my own head, I will not hesitate of course to share my advice and thoughts with you.

Anyway - enough rambling!!! But what better way to start off our mission to help every single one of us engage in more positive thinking, then reflecting on the best (or maybe, even just SOME OF the best, if you have too many to mention!! ;) moments of our lives so far? :)

And so in my next blog post, I will be doing this little blog challeege in collaboration once again, of course, with my favourite ever blogging girls, Ange <3 and Olivia <3 (and I am so so sorry this blog challenge is coming a bit late girlees! :o ) I hope this blog post will inspire all of my lovely readers to reflect upon their own individual lives and the moments, events and occasions which they will always be able to look back upon with fondness and pleasure. And remember: life throws all sort of mad and marvelous things at you, and these aren't always exactly expected or pleasant or enjoyable. But in times of difficulty or distress, try to look back upon the precious, once-in-a-lifetime moments which brought you so much happiness and excitement and pure joy in times past, and take strength and comfort out of them.

When life gets hard...
Please, don't ever let yourself lose hope.
Know that things won't be like this, for eternity.
The storm may come and the clouds may gather, blocking out the sun and shedding teardtpps of rain. But then....then a ray of golden sunlight shines forth from a shaft in the heavens, and a beautiful arch of red and blue and gold, green and orange and purple appears in the sky. :) xxxx


The beauty of  clear spring sky of a breezy, sun-kissed afternoon in late March...




2 comments:

  1. So true!! Life can be hard but its just to make the best of it and remember the good times to remind yourself that things CAN get better.
    Oh and dont worry ;) Im too just as late, haha! Working on the post and sooo looking forward to your blog post on this<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 thanks hun!! <3 Let's see if we an both get it done today! Ooh and I can't wait to see yours too hun :* <3 xxxxx

      Delete