At first glance it might seem that I am just a happy, normal girl who loves to bake and walk her dog. However, I have suffered with an eating disorder since I was 13. It was only in May 2014 when I realised that this Voice in my head was slowly but surely trying to kill me. And so began the long, hard, and painful journey which is recovery...

I want My Cocoa Stained Apron to be a special place...a place for reflection, memories, shared stories...and of course a little bit of cocoa-staining ;) Recovery might be the hardest thing you ever choose to do in this life. But it is also the bravest and best decision you will ever make.:)

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Izzy's 5 positive things challenge!! :) Day 2

Day 2 of Izzy's brilliant blog challenge! Today is about 5 things that you are good at.
Now I know myself - I am extremely self-critical. Always am, always have been; and I guess that isn't going to change too soon. So it took me a while to come up with these. But that's what this challenge is all about. We all need to recognise that each and every one of us has a talent for something and that we are all special and unique in our own little individual way. :)

So 5 things that the Ganache-Elf is good at!! :) heehee any prizes for guessing what the first one will be? ;)


  1. Baking and cooking...of course ;) and ganache-making, bread-kneading, cookie dough bowl cleaning , etc. ;) 
  2. Looking after furry and feathered friends; and all the delightful and not-so-delightful tasks that this involves. (scratching Benny's tummy, presenting the doggies with their made dinners and nearly being balled over in the process, clearing up after Maisy (ahem. need I say any more. ;)
  3. Knitting scarves...is there ANYONE I know who doesn't have a hand-knitted scarf made by me? ;) (and if you don't yet, well I'm guessing you already know what that soft package from me contains... ;)
  4. Talking and listening to my loved ones and my friends; and always being ready to offer an attentive ear, a shoulder to cry on, or as big a hug as my tiny arms are capable of giving. <3
  5. Drinking hot chocolate. There's a certain art to the consumption of hot choc which I most certainly have mastered. ;) And the dunking of biccies into said hot choc of course. ;)
And you know, having written that, I actually could think of other things that I am, well, not too bad at. me, the girl who constantly accused herself of being useless, worthless, and completely inept at everything. 

So stop bringing yourself down!! And if you are very modest and can't think of anything, ask the people around you...I bet they will be able to see the talents and skills you undeniably have, but are unable to perceive for yourself. ;)

Everyone is unique; everyone has their own distinctive talents, abilities, strengths and skills. So ignore that voice which tells you you are not worth it, that you are good at nothing and bad at everything, and that is the way it has always been and always will be. That voice is WRONG. The world has made a place for you and wants you to take it, and to grab life with both hands and scream with joy as you do so. So smile today and realise...you are SO worth it.  You are irreplaceable... there is only one YOU. ;) 



2 comments:

  1. :) I tried knitting a few times before, but i never really got the hang of it, haha :)
    Its great to see the positives in yourself :) Even if it takes a whole day, its a good thing to do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I can't say I am very good at knitting as a whole Izzy, I can only do scarves! But I know how to do multi-coloured ones and also how to make tassels ;) aww thank you! It was a wonderful idea Izzy! <3 xxxx

      Delete