At first glance it might seem that I am just a happy, normal girl who loves to bake and walk her dog. However, I have suffered with an eating disorder since I was 13. It was only in May 2014 when I realised that this Voice in my head was slowly but surely trying to kill me. And so began the long, hard, and painful journey which is recovery...

I want My Cocoa Stained Apron to be a special place...a place for reflection, memories, shared stories...and of course a little bit of cocoa-staining ;) Recovery might be the hardest thing you ever choose to do in this life. But it is also the bravest and best decision you will ever make.:)

Tuesday 7 October 2014

And NOW it's time to blog. :)

One of the things that has been bothering me of late as you might have noted, is the fact that I haven't been able to blog much at all, like I did in summer. :( But yes, I have come up with a solution to my dilemma...
 I am going to set aside some time to blog. This will mainly be...

  • When I have my hot choc breaks at home. Blog and hot choc? I couldn't be happier. :)
  • When I'm travelling by train or car or bus...I might try making notes or writing drafts, and then transferring them to my laptop once I get home. 
  • After dinner, about 9 am, is going to be my "me time". I'm not going to just waste my time anymore trying to read or do college stuff...there is just no point and I was only kidding myself in the past thinking I was getting something productive done at this time of the day. Instead I am going to blog, or bake, or knit...something I like. :)
I know that my Cocoa-Stained Apron is not yet complete. I still have alot to say about my baking, my cooking, my life and my recovery. I still have advice to give and recipes to share. Why should I stop blogging because of college? There's no way that I am going to. 
 I think, you see, that recovering from my ED has really helped me to realise that life IS a gift. That every day is precious, and that we all really should live for the moment...and that it is so, so important that we set aside a little time every day to do the things we love. And for me, alongside many other seemingly simple, but truly wonderful things that I do every day in my life, which make me so, so happy...there is blogging, and reaching out to others in this world. And spreading the love of all things chocolate too perhaps, as my next post will fully testify. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment