At first glance it might seem that I am just a happy, normal girl who loves to bake and walk her dog. However, I have suffered with an eating disorder since I was 13. It was only in May 2014 when I realised that this Voice in my head was slowly but surely trying to kill me. And so began the long, hard, and painful journey which is recovery...

I want My Cocoa Stained Apron to be a special place...a place for reflection, memories, shared stories...and of course a little bit of cocoa-staining ;) Recovery might be the hardest thing you ever choose to do in this life. But it is also the bravest and best decision you will ever make.:)

Sunday 14 September 2014

I love breakfast.:)

It’s 7.30 am and I’ve been up since 7 writing bits of draft for the blog…and much to my surprise, my tummy is gurgling away like nobody’s business. It’s unusual for me to get hungry quite this early. It usually takes my body a good hour or so to wake properly, but usually, by the time I’ve finished my walk and it’s gone nine, I am starving and can’t wait to get the breakfast ready. I love breakfast and I am beginning to think, since this is the time of the day which I always seem to  feel the most hungry, perhaps I should take advantage of that and aim to eat just a little more than I usually do around brekkie time.
I’ve never been into a full English or anything like that…no, my ideal breakfast has to be, as I’ve mentioned before, hot buttered wholemeal toast with either jam or peanut butter…and a hearty bowl of cereal with lots of milk which is usually warmed unless it’s Weetabix.;) I recall all too well how minimalistic I used to be despite the fact that I had such a good appetite at breakfast time…it would always be a really titchy bowl of cereal with the smallest amount of milk as possible; the toast would have to be a really thin piece of bread with barely and spread on it…and that was when I actually had breakfast. And I felt as if I couldn’t have both, of course.
And so now, here is what I do try to aim for at breakfast time…
·         To have both cereal and toast
·         To have plenty of cereal in my bowl, and to not feel restricted to a small certain amount
·         To have not 1, but 2 weetabix!
·         To have different varieties of cereals, especially the ones that are low in sugar and absorb milk – these are in general my preferred choice anyway.
·         To have plenty of milk (preferably full-fat unless the other sort needs using up.)
·         To have plenty pf spread and peanut butter on toast
·         To have different varieties of bread for toast: brown, multigrain, wholemeal etc. And to not feel as if it has to be thinly sliced. Those thick crusts are so nice. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment